Q.What are the conditions to be fulfilled in order to claim Transfer of Residence concessions? (What are the eligibility criteria?)

A. Any person who has lived abroad for more than two years is eligible for Transfer of Residence concessions. However certain conditions apply. In the last two years, such person must not have visited India for more than six months. Goods must also be shipped out within a month after of the arrival of the passenger into India or one month prior to arrival into India.

Q. Can all the members of a family claim transfer of residence concessions?

A. Transfer of Residence concessions are available to a family as a whole and individual members of the same family cannot claim separate concessions. Only one member of the family can claim such concessions

Q. What documents are required for clearing a shipment through customs?

A. The importers original passport(s), original bill of lading (duly endorsed on reverse), original delivery order (duly endorsed on reverse), detailed packing list showing make, model number, quantity, year of purchase and value of each items, purchase receipts for the major items are required for clearing a shipment through customs

Q. How do I prepare a packing list for loose loaded container?

A. Mark each package with your name and number all packages separately and serially. For example if you have 6 chairs, number all of them and not take a lot of 6 chairs as 1 package.

Q. If I delay the customs clearance after the goods arrive will I be required to pay any additional charges (demurrage or container detention)?

A. Indian laws say that goods must be cleared within 30 days of landing otherwise they become liable for confiscation. However this rule is not at all strictly enforced for personal effects and household goods shipments. If your goods remain in the shipping container, then very heavy charges apply. However in case of LCL shipments, once the goods are removed or de-stuffed from the shipping container, and kept in the port then only port demurrage is levied.We can offer our secure and safe warehouse for storage of your goods after clearance if you are not ready to accept delivery of your goods immediately after clearance. Many ports (Mumbai, New Delhi etc) have a very nominal demurrage charge but certain ports have a very heavy demurrage charge (Chennai, Calcutta).

Q. Will my goods be delivered to my door in the container itself?

have a peek at this website contact up to 30 first copy watches suppliers.the best rolex daytona replica and prices here.
A. In most ports, the container is treated as a bonded good and is allowed into the country without payment of customs duty. This means that it cannot leave the port / customs area. General practice is to de-stuff the goods from the container and deliver them in trucks or vans. However certain provisions do exist where containers can be taken out to the residence for delivery (by filing bank guarantees with shipping lines, paying for insurance of the container etc).

Q. Can I ship my goods only up to the port or should I have my shipment on a Door to Door basis?

A. Generally professionally packed shipments always move on a Door to Door basis. It is recommended that shipment be done in this way. However if you have arrangements at the destination port with a moving company or a customs broker to arrange for destination service, you can book your shipment up to the port only.

Bonding of goods:

Q. What is meant by bonding of goods and what exactly happens when goods are sent under customs bond to an Inland destination?

A. Bonding of goods refers to sending a shipment to an inland destination for customs clearance. Generally goods are supposed to be cleared at the first port of entry (poe) but if the customer resides at some other city, he may want his goods to be cleared there rather at the first port. In such a case, the goods are sent under customs bond (after being duly sealed). A bank guarantee and a personal bond have to be filed with the customs at the arrival port and goods have to be insured for transit. Upon arrival at the inland destination a “Landing Remark Certificate” has to obtained and sent to us. On production of the LRC to the customs at the port of entry, the bank guarantee can be cancelled and returned to you.

Q. Do the goods have to be professionally packed or can I pack them myself?

A. To protect the goods from the inherent transportation risks, it is always advisable that professional packers always pack your goods. Professional packers have the required materials (tissue paper, newsprint, card board, corrugated roll, bubble plastic sheets, impact resistant cardboard boxes etc.) which ensure that your goods reach the destination after withstanding transportation shocks in one piece.

Q. Do I need to insure my goods when they are being shipped out?

A. Trucks turn over, ships sink, airplanes crash every where in the world once in a while. It is precisely this reason that insurance companies exist. It is said in the world that 1 in every 5 shipment undergoes a loss or claim. Though the goods may be packed well, accidents do happen and it is very wise to have them insured on a door to door basis from a reliable insurance company or broker.

Q. Once the goods are packed at my house, what happens to them?

A. After the goods are packed at your house, they are taken to our warehouse where they will be crated in to lift vans if shipped as LCL or stored in the warehouse pending customs clearance formalities. Then they will be taken to the port for customs examination. Once the goods have been inspected and allowed for export, they will be loaded into the shipping container and put on board the ship.