Our extensive local rail network that spreads across 48 states enables us to transport any sort of cargo within the US and Canada (excluding live animals, human remains and personal effects). You just place your order and we do the rest; our trucks pick up your cargo from the point of origin and deliver them to the nearest rail ramp, from where it is moved by Rail Wagon to the rail ramp closest to the destination point and finally hauled by our trucks to your desired delivery point.
Inter-modal freight transportation typically involves two or more modes of transport for shipping. With some of the best resources in air, sea and road transport, rest assured you are in safe hands with us. Through years of unparalleled service, Sky2c has developed a unique reputation for providing quality moving solutions for your personal goods in an efficient, timely and cost-effective manner.
Why Should You Choose Our Commercial Cargo Intermodal Freight Service?
You can plan for low transportation costs: We allow you to economize your shipment by combining the best of our multiple transportation resources. Our staff can help you develop the best plan for maximum cost savings.
It enables flexibility – Our trucks have a capacity ranging from 20′ to 53′ in length to accommodate various order sizes.
It is best for non-urgent orders: Inter-modal transportation is the perfect choice if your cargo does not conform to a strict deadline and can wait for the transit time quoted
It is ideal for inter-state shipments: Our widespread rail network enables us to efficiently meet all your transportation needs within US & Canada. (Canadian shipments are subject to Customs Clearance)*
Procedure For Shipping Goods:-
Follow these steps for smooth order placement:
- Find out the trailer size that best accommodates your needs. We offer 48′ or 53′ trailers for this type of transportation.
- Determine your exact bill by providing us with origin & destination zip codes as well as any other special requirements such as:
- Packing, Loading & Unloading
- Multiple pickup points
- Wait periods exceeding 2 hours either at origin or destination points.
- Goods must be properly packed before loading onto trailer(s) – It is integral for the safety of your consignment that you carefully pack and your goods. Make sure to properly brace your cargo and mark your name, number and destination address on each box/carton/crate before handing your cargo over to us.
- Approval must be sought from your sales representative before any vehicle can be loaded – this is company policy.
- We take extreme caution to ensure your goods do not sustain any damage during the transportation process. Therefore we recommend that you ensure you’re goods are properly blocked and braced to avoid potential harm from shifting.
- We also handle perishable cargo and hazardous materials. These goods are subject to prior approval.
If your cargo’s gross weight exceeds 40,000 Lbs, kindly get in touch with your sales representative for alternative solutions because most states have weight restrictions.
Approximately 5-15 days.
Please note that the transit times can vary from case-to-case.
We assure a stress-free transportation of your personal goods through our impeccable, convenient and affordable service. Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any further queries. Our sales representatives eagerly await an opportunity to provide assistance. Whatever your needs may be, our highly trained staff is dedicated to providing the best tailor-made freight solutions that money can buy.