Insurance Claim Guidelines
We would like to ensure that your insurance claim is dealt with in an efficient and expeditious manner. For this purpose, it is important to comply with the following claim procedures in the event of a loss or damage:
Contact us immediately
- If your shipment was damaged, please provide us with the exact location and contact information in case a survey is required.
- Examine the shipment and note and note all visible damage before signing the delivery receipt with the driver. Do not sign the delivery receipt “clean” if you suspect there is a concealed damage.
- Take pictures, if possible, of the damaged boxes/cartons.
- Keep all packaging material relating to the damaged cargo until the insurance company asks you to discard it.
Timeline for Filing Claims
The following timelines must be observed in notifying the loss or damage of any goods; the failure to do so may prejudice your claim. The deadlines are:
- Visible loss/damage immediately
- Non-visible loss/damage 3 days
- Damage 7 days from date of delivery
- Hidden/concealed damage 14 days from date of delivery
- Non-Delivery 120 days from date the air waybill was issued
Protect damaged goods from additional damage or loss
Contact us if additional expenses have been incurred to prevent further damage or loss, as they have to be approved by the insurance company.
Make Itemized Statement of Claim
You should prepare an itemized statement of claim, on your company letterhead in case of commercial shipments and submit to our office as soon as possible but not later than [fill in as appropriate]. You should submit copies of the following documents, along with your claim:
- Commercial invoice for the entire shipment.
- Packing list for the entire shipment.
- Original certificate of insurance, if issued.
- Delivery receipt with exceptions noted.
- Missing cargo report, police report (in case of loss or theft), or non-delivery letter.
- Survey report and any available photos of damaged goods.
- Repair estimates or salvage report (if available)
You can expect your claim to be resolved within 30-60 days after we receive it, provided all requested documentation is submitted along with the claim. The resolution of the claim could be delayed if a survey or salvage report is required. Please let us know if any of the requested documents is not available. We will work with you to successfully resolve your claim.