Tips On Moving
- You should start planning for your move well in advance of the actual move; preferably, a month in advance for domestic moves and at least 6-8 weeks in advance for international moves, which frequently involve disposing off unnecessary items, finding out about the residency and customs information, living conditions in the new country and obtaining necessary documents, such as passports, visas and work permits
- It’s advisable to transport with you personally items such as financial papers & assets, insurance policies, wills, certificates, etc., valuable jewelery, stamp & coin collection and family photos and memorabilia. You may also want to bring with you your telephone book/directory to facilitate contact with friends and businesses in your hometown.
- The first major decision you have to take regarding packing is whether to seek the help of a professional packing service or do it yourself. Sky2sea can provide you with safe, secure and reliable packing service, if you need.
- If you decide to do your own packing, you should start packing several weeks before shipment, leaving items you need until the move till last.
- You have to be careful in using proper packing material and identification to ensure that your belongings arrive safely at your destination and you can easily identify all items and verify that they have arrived in good condition.
- You should write on the top and front of each box/carton, your name, destination address, shipper’s booking number and a general description of the contents of the box. You should also indicate the room to which they will go at your destination.
- On a plain sheet of paper, write down box number, the contents and value [for insurance purposes] of each box. You should keep an inventory of the contents of each box with you for the use of shipper and for verification at the destination point.
- If you are using us for packing, the driver responsible for moving will prepare a complete inventory report of all items and their condition. He will tag each individual carton or furniture item with numbered labels, record each item on the inventory form, along with any sign of damage. It is important that you be with him while he is carrying out this activity and point out any special considerations or concerns regarding a particular item. Both you and the driver will sign the inventory form, which you should keep in a secure place.
- Give your dispatcher a phone number, and preferably an alternate contact, where you can be reached at your destination.
- You should contact the agent at the destination point upon arrival there. If you cannot be contacted at the appointed date, your shipment will have to be stored in a warehouse at additional cost to you. If possible, you should have an unloading plan for each room at the destination to facilitate and expedite unloading.
- You should check each item of the shipment upon arrival with your inventory list. Any missing or damaged item should be immediately reported to your agent/sky2c.
- You should make a note of the shipment registration number with you; and quote it every time you have to contact sky2c with respect to the shipment.
Sky2c is one of the best and affordable moving companies for freight shipping, moving to India, move to India, moving from USA to India. So call us at our toll free number .800-353-5128