It is highly recommended that you insure your shipment against any potential loss or damage during shipment. Accidents do happen and extra costs incurred in insuring your cargo is well worth the protection it provides. Sky 2 C Freight Systems, Inc. can arrange to insure your shipment without any cumbersome application and approval process, as long as it contains approved merchandise and is going to an approved destination.
Types of Insurance:-There are three basic types of insurance:
- All Risk Coverage:- This is a comprehensive coverage, which includes everything that is not specifically excluded. Typical exclusions are:
- Inherent vice – spoilage, infestation, failure of product to perform intended function, losses due to delay or loss of market
- Abandonment of cargo – losses occurring at a port city more than 15 days after discharge of cargo
- Rejection of goods by Customs, FDA or other government agencies
- Failure to pay or collect accounts
- Losses caused by temperature or air pressure in case of air shipments
- Used goods
- Improper packing
- Losses in excess of policy limit
- Warehouse-to-warehouse Coverage:- This type of coverage protects your shipment in transit from the time it leaves our warehouse until it arrives at its final destination point, as long as it is not taken out of the normal course of transit by you.
- Coverage Enhancement:- We can also arrange for special coverage depending upon your insurance needs. Here are some of the examples of special coverage:-
- Trade show/exhibition coverage
- Rejection insurance
- Coverage other than C.I.F (e.g., FOB, FAS)
- Extended warehouse storage
- Large, project cargo moves in excess of $1,000,000 per vessel
If No Insurance is purchased, Sky2c is only liable for a limited value. Ask your sales rep to find out about the liability insurance coverage for your shipment. Please be sure to check the Insurance Claims Guidelines.